Let’s recap what was said last Sunday, for those connecting with us on-line, for those who were not able to attend, or to stay awake.
Randy delayed the start of his next series to allow me to share an overview of our Faith Venture we call “Clearwater Church.”
In 2 Corinthians 5:20, Paul gives us an insight as to how we may view our church. Since we are ambassadors for King Jesus Clearwater is a Kingdom Embassy at the corner of Lemay and Drake. Here are some of the important insights and values we gain from this analogy. These are the “notes” you might have jotted down while exploring with me 2 Corinthians 5:10-6:2.
• Jesus is the enthroned King in our hearts and Clearwater Church – His embassy.
• We will all stand before Jesus and give an account for our participation in advancing His Kingdom.
• Many “cultural Christians” today fail to understand and represent King Jesus accurately.
• So, fellow Embassy personnel at Clearwater, how well are we representing King Jesus?
• Jesus deserves a better return for all He suffered at Calvary. Let’s serve His heart.
• We at Clearwater are passionate and intentional in representing Jesus accurately in all His grace and truth.
• Present on any Sunday morning, we will have our most honored guests, hundreds of “spiritually-naturalized” citizens of the Kingdom, and scores of ambassadors in training.
• Both the awesome fear and compelling love of Christ motivate our ministry here.
• We are “reconciled reconcilers” – We who have found grace, are now “grace agents.”
• When we enter Christ’s Kingdom, everything changes – out with the old, in with the new!
• The Kingdom is coming, yet is already here. King Jesus is present, in residence here!
• A kingdom requires two things: A King (obviously) and a citizen. I’m one. So are you.
• The Great Commission is not yet fulfilled. How do we know this? Cuz’ we’re all still here!
• Eternal life in Christ includes a temporal life adventure – the fulfilling life purpose your heart has been seeking.
• Randy and I have simplified and sharpened our church vision: Love God! Love People!
• We work together to help each one of you achieve your highest potential in Christ.
• We want to welcome new citizens to the Kingdom, and then to train them to become effective ambassadors for King Jesus.
• Our Kingdom Embassy provides many key services to the citizens of Christ’s kingdom.
If this blesses you, even fascinates you, and you would like to know more about Clearwater and to ask questions, please mark your calendar for the Clearwater Diving Board evening, Monday, May 7, at 6:30 p.m. We will lay out our powerful, fresh vision for our church.